Now entering our third year, we’re seeing life-changing artistic and spiritual growth and enormous breakthroughs for our students.
Whether you’re currently serving in art ministry, or would like to explore art ministry in the name of Christ, we’re here to tell you — you can do this! Artists are all around you. Anyone who is humble and persistent enough can learn to grow and cultivate communities of artists, whether inside or outside of a church.
You can do this on your own, but it’s a lot more valuable taking this journey alongside friends and peers. Join our established community of seasoned art ministers and passionate students actively learning alongside each other in this groundbreaking 24-video-lesson course, Foundations of Art Ministry. In this course we share hundreds of insights we’ve learned through stories, highlights, discoveries, struggles, mistakes, leadership principles, video lessons in visual art and writing, an introduction to theology and the arts, and ministry resources — all on your own schedule. Sign up today!
Click above to apply for the Self-Paced Course, only $40/month. Either take your time, or zoom through the course, enjoying powerful discussions within the larger community of art ministers worldwide. No prior art or ministry experience is necessary, only the willingness to learn. Risk free: Unsubscribe anytime!
Click above to apply for the 9-month Small Group Course, only $61/month. (Apply EARLY! Price will increase Dec. 1, 2017.) This Small Group version of the Foundations of Art Ministry Course is for people who do best in a group of a small group of classmates, a weekly schedule, and built-in accountability. In this version of the course, you will graduate in 9 months in the same small group of classmates together from start to finish. Launch date is September every year, with course completion in May. Cost is due up front (see tuition fees in the chart below). Full refunds available during the first 30 days of the course, after which pro-rated refunds are given with no questions asked, minus a small admin fee. Tuition for the Small Group Course is as follows:
Next 9-Month “Small Group” course begins Sept. 4, 2018.
Apply by clicking the blue button above.
Tuition depends on the date you apply:
Apply before December 1, 2017, and $550 will be due on Dec. 5, 2017 if accepted
(equivalent to only $61/month!)
Early Registration Tuition:
Apply December 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018, and $600 will be due on March 5, 2018 if accepted
Regular Registration Tuition:
Apply March 1 – June 30, 2018, and $700 will be due on July 5, 2018 if accepted
Late Registration Tuition:
Apply July 1 – August 10, 2018, and $800 will be due on Sept 3, 2018 if accepted
Our 24-Lesson video-based instruction is taught by seasoned art ministers and faculty, with students actively encourage one another in engaged conversations throughout the course. We train, equip, and empower people for art ministry by teaching the core essentials of visual art, writing, and ministry. We also provide additional exposure to multiple expressions of other art forms, including various performing arts.
We teach inclusiveness with excellence, referencing hundreds of real-life examples of how to lift people through the arts in the name of Christ. Our goal is to help students effectively love and serve the people around them through the arts, whether inside or outside of the church, no matter their level of previous experience.
The Foundations of Art Ministry course features opportunities to locally practice what you're learning. Our easy-to-use learning platform will allow you to stay home and apply what you're learning in your own creative community, wherever you're located in the world. Students practice their own expressions of visual art through a theological lens and examine their passions to minister through the arts, while connecting with other creatively-inclined people to go deeper into beauty and the grace of Christ through study, prayer, community, and continuing education in both art and discipleship.
- Bridging the Gap Between Artists
- The Role of Beauty and Transcendence
- Conversations in Jazz: The Art of Listening
- Fostering Artistic Communities
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Poetry and Metaphor in Writing
- Drawing and Communication: Speaking Life
- How to Minister to the Amateur Artist
- Getting Unstuck in Your Own Creativity
- Photography: Intro to Elements of Design (required: a camera phone, digital camera, or film camera)
- How to Minister to the Emerging Artist
- Writing as Ministry
- Artistic Growth through Practice and Critique
- Color Wheel Theory
- Scripture and the Imagination
- How to Minister to the Professional Working Artist
- Creativity and Being Attuned to God
- Art and Education
- Theology and the Arts
- Loving Your City through Art
- How to Serve Artists who Work in More Disciplines Than You've Ever Heard Of
- Loving the Nations
• Ecumenical approach with multi-disciplinary artistic exposure; this course includes people from many different expressions of Christianity
• For ages 16 and up
• To be accepted into the course, students are evaluated on being humble, teachable, and encouraging to their peers. Applicants who show tendencies for arrogance are not accepted into this course.
• All students, moderators, and faculty uphold an attitude of mutual respect and artistic encouragement to others.
• Students must show interest in learning art methods that may be new to them; this course is for all levels of art experience, including beginners, intermediate, and advanced artists.
• Students must show interest in exploring ministry and leadership concepts that are specific to helping or serving people through creativity.
• We encourage you invite friends to go through this course with you so you can process this course material together.
• Completion time is always 9 months for the Small Group version of the course, whereas the Self-Paced version has no minimum or maximum time constraint.
• Small-Group Course: Students go through the course in classes of 8-12 people and get to know their classmates very well over the whole course. Launch dates are in September every year, and we take the whole 9 months.
• Small-Group Course time commitment is 4 hours per week. Our assignments are released every Tuesday morning and due on the following Sunday night of each week. However, we take a one-week break every month as a catch-up week or rest week, and it's usually scheduled for the closest holiday.
• Small-Group Course: We all follow the exact same schedule and share the same due dates for artworks-in-progress and final projects from start to finish, which produces deep and exciting class discussions as we encourage and support each other.
• Self-Paced Course: Students who dedicate 4 hours per week can expect to graduate in approx. 8 months, but you're always free to go faster or slower to suit your own schedule.
• Self-Paced Course features just as much content and the same assignments as the Small Group version, including lively class discussions and interactions, but you'll be among a lot more people, not in a small group, because all Self-Paced students are grouped into one large class. You'll go through the entire course at your own pace, and your classmates will each be going at their own pace, too, some swiftly passing you by, and others spending a long time chewing on each lesson.
• The Self-Paced Course does not feature due dates and you will not be sent any assignment reminders.
• In either format, you will be interacting with people from all over the world!
Students completing 90% or more of the course material are awarded Certification in Foundations of Art Ministry.
• Alumni who complete Foundations of Art Ministry receive access to all video content for just $5 per month after graduation, for as long as they wish to subscribe.
• Alumni also receive a signed certificate in the mail upon completion of the course.
• Alumni are welcome to request written recommendations from Art Fruition staff to vouch for ministry involvement when applying for leadership positions.
• Alumni who become certified in Foundations of Art Ministry will be able to take advanced courses in art ministry as new courses are released. Soon to be featured: Vocation-specific classes as well as specialized tracks in Art Leadership, Art Outreach, Art Education, Church Edification through the Arts, and Professional Practices in Art.